I forget who brought this to my attention, but I came across this challenge that Strawberry Linden posted to the Second Life Community Forums back in April where she provided a graphic template for people to fill in showing a summary of their Second Life existence.
Since I really need to blog here more often, I thought I’d give this a go, so here’s my summary:
- The first two don’t need too much explanation, if you’ve read some of my earlier blog posts. 🙂
- I currently have both a Premium home and a rental parcel in Second Life. I’m not big on decorating or furnishing, but I do like somewhere to put up artwork and other eye-candy. Plus, I can rez stuff when and where I want. 🙂
- I tend to fly when I’m travelling long distances, and walk when I’m exploring an area in more detail. I’ve also got some boats that I take out onto the waters around my Premium home, as well as a hoverbike that I sometimes use for exploring the interior of the mainland.
- I mostly buy stuff, although I’ve done some building in the past, and I’m quite willing to modify stuff I own in order to make it more to my liking.
- Until recently, I was a hoarder, but now I’ve started getting more ruthless in terms of removing things that I’ll never use.
- I try not to splurge too much on shopping, and mostly I succeed these days. My insistence on a mostly-pink wardrobe does help curb some retail therapy impulses. I tend to wait for sales or clearances so I can scoop up bargains.
- I am starting to get my inventory into shape, but it’s slow going because I get overwhelmed easily. So I do a little bit at a time, whenever I’m able to. (To be fair, my inventory is pretty minuscule by comparison to some of my Second Life friends, both because I’ve not been here as long and because I’m not a shopaholic.)
Anyway, I hope that gives some of you a chuckle. 🙂